Monday 11 April 2016

Denial

“Sir,” they said, “we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise again.’ So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. Otherwise his disciples may come and steal the body and tell the people that he has been raised from the dead. This last deception will be worse than the first.”                                                                                                         Matt. 27. 63, 64


Even after killing Jesus off, the religious leaders are not at ease. They remember His promise to rise again after three days and they are nervously mindful to prevent what they see as a ruse to contrive the resurrection of Christ.

They were not successful! The guard was placed, and yet Christ arose. Hallelujah!

Human authority could not prevent the power of almighty God nor deny His precious love.

As it was with the scribes and Pharisees, so it may often be with us. We can kill off Jesus, but we can’t get rid of Him. Our rejection of Him does not eliminate Him. Nor does it deny God’s great power and love. Again, I say Hallelujah!

I am grateful that, though once in denial, I now fully embrace Jesus as my Saviour and my Lord. I give thanks for this, and I pray for those yet in denial.





Loving God,

I thank You that You loved me so much You did not let go. In Your kairos time You drew me back to You. Hallelujah!

I pray for those who isolate and estrange themselves from You. I pray for those who reject You and even deny You. I pray for a kairos time for each one of them.

Hear my cry for their salvation. Reach down from heaven, please, and draw them back to You. I rejoice over those who will choose to receive You today. I pray that You would bless their testimony to others.

Build Your kingdom, Lord, in Jesus’ name I pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment