Saturday 23 April 2016

Change

…I fell into a trance and saw the Lord speaking “Quick!” he said to me, “leave Jerusalem immediately, because they will not accept your testimony about me.”         
                                                                                                              Acts 22.17b,18


Paul was acutely aware of how people had seen him through his earlier oppressive behaviour toward the Christians, going from one synagogue to another, to imprison and beat believers. Also his obnoxious acts at the time of the martyrdom of Stephen when he stood by giving his full approval.

 He had terrorised the Christians, and now he was preaching and ministering
 to them. The situation was truly remarkable, but reasonably unbelievable!

Yet this is so indicative of God’s work. God can indeed do anything. Nothing is impossible to Him. He had turned Paul around, but now it was necessary to safeguard Paul and remove him from the threat he was exposed to from people who would simply not believe him.

God can certainly do anything – in us and with us. But will our fellow beings accept the change that God brings about in us?

God moved on Paul: Then the Lord said to me, “Go, I will send you far away to the Gentiles.” (V 21) And the rest, as they say, is history! Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles, and to the world. But He had to flee Jerusalem.

There may be times when God will move me on. I need to be willing to go. In Paul’s case it was clear why he should leave. It may not always be so clear to me, but I have to be open to God, and allow Him to have His way with me. He truly does know best.





Lord God,

I thank You for this lesson from Paul. I release myself fully into Your will. May I ever be willing to go where You would have me go, and give myself to do whatever You might require of me. I ask for ears to hear, eyes to see, and a heart that is ever open to obey. I live for You. Direct me and use me as You will, to the joy of the Gospel of Christ.


I’m Yours, Lord. Lead on.                  Amen.



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment