Sunday 17 April 2016

Always

“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt. 28.20b


Matthew writes originally for Jewish Christians. In the beginning of his gospel he introduces Jesus as Immanuel – “God with us”. He ends his writing with this further reminder that Jesus is always with us.

These promises are, gladly, not just for Jews but for all who believe in Jesus, the Christ. Hallelujah!

I can do all that I am called to do (go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them and teaching them to obey all of His commands) in the sure knowledge that Jesus is with me. He will guide and direct me. By His Spirit, He will lead me into all truth. The Spirit will remind me of everything that Jesus said, all of His teachings may be revealed to me by the power of the Spirit.

As well as this, I see Jesus with me, and I sense His presence and power, to both strengthen me and comfort me. From my reading and reflection over recent times, I have even further conviction that Jesus knows – He truly knows every detail of what I experience. And He is ready – at all times – to lead me through.

I rejoice that He is there for me. I marvel that the Father chose to draw me to Jesus. I am so grateful that the Holy Spirit has been made real to me.

Jesus is with me always, and I am eternally grateful.





Lord Jesus,

Thank You for Your presence in my life. Thank You for reaching out to me in the joy and purpose of personal relationship. Thank You for caring. Thank You for loving me.

Lead me now into this day, and through the rest of my life. Speak to me as You need to. Direct me into His will. Enjoy me, please, as we journey together. In Your precious name I ask.              Amen.










No comments:

Post a Comment