Saturday 12 March 2016

Inheritance

“But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him and take his inheritance.’ ”                                                              Matt. 21.38


In the parable, the tenants thought they would benefit by the death of the son. Of course they didn’t, because their evil deed provoked the landowner to take remedial action against them. Thus, in the natural story, killing the son did no good whatsoever.

Likewise, in the Kingdom of Heaven, rejecting the Son will bring negative consequences. On the contrary, what allows us to share in the rich inheritance of eternity is to unite with the Son, to receive Him and thereby join with Him in glorious life for evermore.

I can only come into the vineyard (the Kingdom) with heartfelt thanksgiving and joy that my wonderful God has invited me to join with His Son – to become, through Him, part of this glorious family. And the family is ever growing. There are still many “potential tenants”. They are there for the gathering. I pray that our Lord and Saviour will use me to work in partnership with Him in reaching these people.





Holy God,

I bow before Your righteousness. I am aware of my own unworthiness, but I can receive Your pardon and release to enter the Kingdom as part of Your redeemed family. I rejoice to be with You.

I pray for those who haven’t yet received the blessing of kingdom living. Many I know, and many, many, more are as yet unknown to me. I pray for them all. I ask You to send out workers into the harvest fields. I pray that You would use me. I am willing, Lord, and I would deem it a privilege to reach out to people for You, to bring them into contact with Jesus.

I’m Yours, Lord, for whatever You would have of me. Take me, in Jesus’ name I ask.
                                                                                                                        Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment