Sunday 6 September 2015

The eyes have it

“Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness.”   
                                                                                                                        Luke 11.34


My eyes light up all of life for the whole of my body. Jesus was “the light of the world”, yet even when He had given freely and so well, the Jews did not see Him in the right light. They asked for further signs.

There are two distinct aspects to “seeing” anything. One lies in the reality of that which is displayed. The other is in the clarity of the viewer.

Jesus is truly God. His whole being exudes His divine nature. The Holy Scriptures are full of His presence and its precious gift to mankind. I praise God that I see this – clearly. I’m not sure that my eyesight is perfect, but it is on the right side. My eyes are good rather than bad. Yet, even so, I can ask God for further improvement. As I see, so shall I know. As I ask God to clarify and improve my vision so I will see more clearly into the mysteries of heaven and become more and more open to the revelations of my great God and Saviour.





Lord God,

I thank You that I can see quite a measure of the truth of Your wonderful message and the rich relationship that comes to me.

I sense light rather than darkness, but I’m hungry for more light. My imperfect love craves more of You. My unworthiness cries out to be encapsulated and eclipsed by Your overwhelming love. I see! Yes, Lord, I see. But I unashamedly want to see more. I pray for deeper revelation and greater enlightenment as I read the Holy Scriptures. I ask for further insights that take me to a new place in You.

I love You, and yearn to go deeper in that love. Touch me, change me, and open me up, please, that I can freely share Your love, touching hearts for You, healing deep wounds, changing brokenness to wholeness. May I spread Your love as I also enjoy it myself.                       Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment