Sunday 27 September 2015

Secrets

He replied, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.”                                                                                         Matt. 13.11


Jesus is responding to the disciples’ question of “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” (v 10). His answer is highly significant. God shares His “secrets” with some, but not with all. What is the criterion that privies us to sharing in God’s secrets? Is it belief? I’m not sure! I know a number of people who seem to know something of the mysteries of heaven, and it is a joy for me to be able to share with such people. I also know a number of people who would readily admit to being “Christian”, yet they don’t seem to know the reality of God.

Perhaps the first of heaven’s secrets for me is to know God – to really know Him, and to experience Him daily. Indeed, to live with Him and to know Him intimately in every act of daily living. This has been (and continues to be) the most wonderful gift to me.

From this beautiful and enduring base, God brings further revelation to me. I will only ever know about God what He chooses to reveal of Himself to me. I experience “suddenlies” when, quite without notice, God will surprise me in the most beautiful and wonderful ways.

I cherish my life in Him. It gives me the essence of my life on earth. God sustains me; He leads me and motivates me. I am so blessed, and so very grateful.





Dear Lord,

Again You have brought me to a place of deep and wonderful sharing. I neither planned nor expected this. You have surprised me. I thank You sincerely.


I give myself to the ongoing journey with You. May the intimacy deepen. May the revelations bring more of heaven’s secrets to my understanding. I thank You. I love You.                                   Amen.



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment