Wednesday 16 September 2015

Heaven on Earth

"...your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven."                   Matt. 6.10


The supplicant asks the Father for the state of heaven to be replicated on earth. This may be a cry for the return of Christ and, with Him, the glorious state of heaven to come to earth.

As I look around me, I see much of heaven's influence in the earth. Nature in all of its varied moods reminds me of the divine creator. I see views that take my breath away as the beauty of God unfolds before my eyes. I do not have to travel far from home for these experiences. I am truly blessed.

Occasionally, I see Jesus reflected in others. I am witness to acts of kindness and love ably demonstrated by friends, acquaintances, and sometimes strangers. I have been the recipient of much love, generosity of spirit, and the sharing of time, talents and possessions. I feel God's deep love as I experience it through the words and actions of others.

I am also aware of less wholesome aspects of society. The natural habitat is often abused rather than protected and respected. This happens at all levels of status, ability and influence. I se abuse of individuals, of people groups and of nations. Many people are impatient. Some are angry, even hostile. Unhealthy ideologies are often the breeding grounds for major unrest, and the arenas wherein evil is played out.

So,what of the coming kingdom, and the glorious receiving of heaven on earth? My main (perhaps my only real) area of influence is within myself. Right now, I see a choice before me. I can do nothing active and positive, and simply sit back, await the return of the Chosen One, and then enjoy the glory He brings. Or I can press into God, take what I know and see to be ways of heaven, and ask Him for more insight and revelation. And then live to the best of my ability in those higher ways. I believe He will support me in this. Pray God, He will strengthen and equip me as I give it my best shot. Maybe even others will see Him in me and be eager to follow suit.





Dear Lord,

I am so aware of my imperfections, and I am sorry. Forgive me, please.

Show me, if You will, more of the heavenly way. Lead me in that way, drawing me closer to You with each passing breath.

Fit me to resist temptation, and to stay with the paths that are clean, pure and holy.

I want to go Your way, Lord. May I show the world something of the sweetness of heaven. Let me share freely with all those I meet along the way.

You are my choice. Take me and make me Yours, in Jesus name I ask.      Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment