Saturday 10 May 2014

I will sing



I will sing of the LORD’s great love forever;
with my mouth I will make your
faithfulness known through all generations.
                                    Psalm 89.1


The psalmist is eager to celebrate God’s love and faithfulness. What a witness is contained in this one sentence. The world generally seems more ready to condemn than to commend. And this is true in respect to God. The world has lost its way with God.

But I don’t consider that I have lost my way with Him. I have experienced both His love and His faithfulness. These are realities for me. Furthermore, I like to sing and, seemingly, I am able to talk quite easily as well. Therefore, it seems reasonable to sing and speak forth of God’s goodness. What’s more, my love for God urges me to honour Him. May I not remain silent if He is ever criticised ridiculed or blasphemed.

May I sing of His great love for ever. May I declare His faithfulness to generations.






Lord God,

I know Your love and Your faithfulness, and these are but two of the wonderful qualities You have shown me. There are many more besides.

I love You, Lord, and I want to share both the love I have for You and the love I receive from You. One way I can do this is to sing out of Your love. I am grateful that You have blessed me to sing. I thank You for the many opportunities You give me, not only to sing but also to lead others in praise and worship to You.

You also make ways for me to speak of Your faithfulness.

Holy Lord, may I long continue to sing and to speak of the wonderful ways in which You demonstrate Your love for all of creation.

I know not how long my singing voice will last in reasonable condition. My heart knows that it wants to sing of Your love forever. So, take me please, and let my heart and my voice sing out to You in glorious tone. May I never hold back from proclaiming the wonder of You. May my every word bring honour to Your glorious name. I ask these things in Jesus' name.     Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment