Wednesday 16 April 2014

Not impressed



As for those who seemed to be important – whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance – those men added nothing to my message.              Gal. 2.6


Paul is not impressed by individuals who attach importance to themselves. He further suggests that such people don’t impress God either, for He doesn’t go by what the exterior proclaims.

Paul’s heart is sold out to Jesus. This is where he gets his strength and motivation. He has opened himself to Jesus and allows Jesus to fill him. This is interior, the inner core of the individual. This is what God looks at. And, surely, when the inside is totally given over to Jesus, isn’t it going to show unfailingly on the outside?

I’m with Paul. People’s outer pretensions don’t impress me. But what is inside shines forth. I pray that God will gift me to see Jesus in those I meet. I also pray that He will shine Jesus forth from me, in fullest measure.


Lord God,

I love You. My prayer is that I might delight You today. I give myself with a sincere plea that You would touch ne with Jesus and grow His fullness in me. Lord, oh that I might reflect the brightness of my Saviour’s love wherever I go, and that I may impart the utmost of Your presence in me. I ask unashamedly for this.

I pray also that I will not be deceived by any self-promoting or important ways that people adopt. Rather, I ask that I may see Jesus in them. Where this is not so, let me receive them as He would, compassionately and lovingly. And let me minister to them as He would have me do.

I’m asking, precious Lord, to be filled to overflowing with Your light and love, and to let these things spill out freely to all I meet.

I ask this, believing for it, in Jesus’ precious name.              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment