Monday 17 March 2014

Put on



The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armour of light.                         Rom.13.12


In this verse Paul introduces the utmost good news. We are most certainly in the last days. The dark night is almost through, the light can be seen and the dawn approaches.

For this the children of God need to cast off completely the deeds of darkness. It is as if Paul is saying, “Remember whose you are. You belong to the light and not the dark. Therefore spurn the darkness and embrace the light. Clearly and firmly clothe yourselves in the armour of light.”

But Paul does not leave it at this. He tells us the action to take: Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature (v14).

These words bring to me a beautiful picture of myself putting on a shirt but, instead of the article I wear being a shirt, it is Jesus Himself. When I received Him in faith in salvation, He entered me. But I must also wear Him, that what is inside me may be seen also on the outside.






Lord Jesus,

The picture I receive from Paul’s words is a most powerful one. I receive you, Lord. I put You on and wear You like a soft and warm but strong, resilient and effective covering.

Yes, Lord, I seek the fullness of You inside me. And I pray You will shine out from me like a light on a hill.

Let me wear You as a protective garment. But more than this, I ask You to clothe me in You, that I may know You and be consumed by You. My prayer is that You will live in me and through me.

Hear my prayer. Clothe me with You, in Your precious name I ask.                                 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment