Friday 14 March 2014

Irrevocable



... for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.                  Rom. 11.29


Paul has been speaking of the “transgression” of the Israelites. Certainly a remnant has been preserved, but the majority has fallen into disobedience.

Paul’s reminder breaks into this scene. God does not change His mind after He has given a call. God is faithful. In the present instance, Israel is faithless. Yet, God’s purpose will be fulfilled in her.

And so it is for me! If God has called me, and I like to think that He has, then He will fulfil His call in me.I don’t want to see myself in deliberate rebellion, burt I know I will not do everything in perfect, divine order. And God is forgiving. If I present to Him in meekness of heart and in penitence, He will forgive. He is faithful, and will remain faithful to the plans He has for me.






 Lord God,

I thank You for who You are. I yearn to be totally pleasing to You, but I know I cannot fully achieve this. Yet, Your perfection does not disbar me.

Holy Father, I thank You for the love You have for me. I receive Your love with gratitude. I do not accept it ungraciously.

I pray for an extension of Your grace in me. May I grow in the grace I receive from You, and may I impart Your grace into the lives of others.

I commit the day ahead to You. Please lead me in the fullness of Your ways. Direct my steps that I may do only what You would have me do.

May we, together, touch many people today. I give myself over to You as a help mate, a fellow worker.

Lead me on, in Jesus’ name I pray.                                                                            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment