Thursday 6 February 2014

Living stones



...you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.              1 Peter 2.5


Peter describes Christ as the living Stone. He was rejected by men but He was chosen by God. Not only was He chosen, He was also precious to God. This is the prototype of the living stone.

Peter then speaks to believers, calling them living stones, living stones which are being built into a spiritual house, following the example of Christ.

I receive this description of being a living stone. I am alive. I am not perfect, yet I am in the process of being perfected by God. I take hold of the notion that God works in me, perfecting his ways and achieving His purpose for me – as I live. Life does not get put on hold whilst God works in me. Life goes on and, as I get on with my living, God is at work. Let me not be afraid to live, and allow Him to have His way in me as I do.






Lord God,

I find great comfort in knowing that I am a “living” stone. Life has many challenges and often I may feel hesitant “to live” for fear of disappointing You in my thinking and behaviour. Yet I realise that it is only as I get on with my life that You can exercise Your full and perfect will in me. I can live, and allow You to mould me and make me, in the very process of living.

Once again, I surrender freely to You. I rejoice that You care so much for me that You take the trouble to build me up, to conform me to Your way for me, to lead me into spiritual priesthood.

Take me, guide me, and bring me to that place where my spiritual sacrifice is acceptable to You.

May I truly follow Jesus, as my heart desires. I pray this in Jesus’ Name.                       Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment