Tuesday 5 November 2013

The LORD Almighty



For I am the LORD your God,
who churns up the sea so that its waves roar –
the LORD Almighty is his name.                                                                                         
I have put my words in your mouth
and covered you with the shadow of my hand –
I who set the heavens in place,
 who laid the foundations of the earth,
and who say to Zion, “You are my people.”
                            Isaiah 51.15, 16



This is our God. He is all-powerful. He placed the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth. Can I grasp the full significance of this? He is mighty. There’s no two ways about it.

He is everything. He can churn up the sea such that it roars in unabated fury. Ha can also bring a calmness that looks unbelievable on still waters. His power is absolute. His being is sovereign. This is our God.

But He is also Lord to those who truly follow him. He will take control of our lives as we surrender. He will strengthen, guide – and love us. He will say to us, “You are my people.”
He is so gently loving that He will place His words into my mouth. He covers me with the shadow of His hand. I am protected. I am safe.

Oh, how great is this God, and how loving this Lord.






Dear God and Lord,

I humble myself before You in grateful thanks for Your care of me. You are all mighty. Oh, I praise your name. I lift up Your name to the highest heavens in praise and adoration. I exalt You. I receive You in the fullness of Your love.

I cannot work out why You should love me. You, who have the stars, sun and moon, and all of the created order at Your behest, choose to love me. You are with me. I know this and I rejoice. I need not fear. I do not need to hold my breath lest You disappear, for I have your word that You will not leave or forsake me – ever. I believe You, and I trust You.

Holy Father, lead me forward into this day. I only want to go Your way. May we enjoy each other as we go, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment