Friday 8 November 2013

God’s people



Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.                                Ezek. 11.20


God declares His heart in this verse. He speaks forth His desire: that His people follow His decrees and keep His laws. As they do this they are affirming themselves as God’s people. He declares himself to be their God. This is such a positive statement.

God’s decrees and laws were simply stated by Jesus when He gave us two commands – to love God with all of our being, and to love our neighbour as ourselves. I really want to do this.

I don’t know that I ever feel satisfied about where I am in my journey of faith, but I continue to look to God. I live to trust Him, asking him to grow my trust, to bring me closer to Him, enabling me to give my whole being to Him in love and wonder. I want to love my neighbour in the greatest measure. God can help me with this.

Is it sufficient that I want these things? I don’t know! What I do know is that I most certainly want to embrace God with all of my being and I want to love my neighbour with the fullness of Godly love.






Lord God,

Again I come to You in humility, adoration, and also hot pursuit.

I declare my desire to follow Your decrees and to keep Your laws. I seek You to fill every part of my being.

I want to love You with all of me, and I want to love my neighbours equally as I would want to be loved. I wish to fill them with all of Your love that I know.

What shall I do? What do You require of me? I ask You to show me. Open the way before me and lead me clearly in it. My request is consistent. I want to go only Your way. I want to know You more and more. I want to share You with others.

Lead me, please, in all of this,
                                                in Jesus’ Name I pray
                                                                                    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment