Tuesday 26 November 2013

The flow



Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows.           Ezek. 47.9a


Ezekiel had experienced the vision of the water coming from the temple. This is water of life. The narrative describes how the water flows from the temple to the sea – the Dead Sea. And life flows with it, not just any form of life but a life to match the very best: The fish will be of many kinds – like the fish of the Great Sea (the Mediterranean) (v. 10b).

I have a picture of water coming from the temple. My picture is of the living water Jesus promised. It comes from the throne room of heaven and it touches, washes, cleanses and fills any who will receive it. Is this the water of the Holy Spirit? Yes, it is! But it is also any way, whatsoever, by which God will touch me.

And I want God to touch me. I want to tingle with life, His life flowing into me, flowing through me and reaching out from me to touch others, to bring them into awareness of God’s love for them and to share that love with them – in the fullness of life.






Lord God,

I truly seek the fullness of life that comes with the living water from Your throne room. Wash me in the river; take me deeper; swamp me, if You will, in You. Let me receive joyous, unbounded life in You.

I feel the water now. It is strangely invigorating whilst soothing. I sense Your great peace with me. I feel both calm and excited at the same time. Is this possible?

Is this the way of the water of life? Dear Lord, I believe so. What this seems to tell me is that the river of God is everywhere. Yes, it is all things, and I will find all I need in the living water.

Wash me, Lord, more and more. Today I would like to go swimming with You. Lead on, I’m here and I’m wanting You.

I love you. Draw me deeper into life in You,
                                                In Jesus’ Name I ask.
                                                                             Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment