Thursday 14 November 2013

Clean



I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.                   Ezek. 36.25.27


This is God’s undertaking to His recalcitrant people, Israel. It is also the promise that the believer can take hold of in receiving Jesus as Saviour and accepting Him as Lord.

God can do the impossible. What is simply too much in human eyes is clearly possible with God.

I take hold of the first phrase of this text. I see myself being sprinkled with clean water. The image, right now, is quite strong. I see myself in my sinful state. My appearance is grubby, I am tarnished. But God looks down on me from His heavenly oversight. His expression is forgiving, and willing – oh so willing! Yes, that’s it! He wants me to be clean. He Himself will undertake my cleansing.

And isn’t this the story of Easter? God wants us all to be clean. The agent of cleansing is the sacrificial blood of Jesus, which overcame sin.

Now the picture changes for me. I see myself kneeling beneath the cross of my Saviour. I am being “sprinkled”, but it is with the blood of Jesus and not with clean water. And the result is incredible. My sins and grubbiness simply vanish. They are gone the moment His blood touches me.






O, precious, precious Jesus,

Thank You for the amazing gift of life You have given me. In You I am clean. My sin is gone. I am no longer tarnished but, rather, I am released in amazing cleanness, and filled with love, grace, mercy and blessing.

I ask You to take the clean me forward. Enable and allow me to be Your witness today. May I be a true and effective witness. Let me show people, clearly, the wonder of cleansing and cleanness that comes from You.

Hallelujah! I praise Your wonderful name.                                                                         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment