Wednesday 7 August 2013

Cut free



But the LORD is righteous;
he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.            Psalm 129.4


There is universal truth in this verse. God is the only righteous one and my hope and salvation is in Him – only in Him, and always in Him.

I think of times when I might be downcast, maybe even downtrodden. As I think about it now these are surely times when I begin to get enmeshed in the cords of the wicked. As I consider such possibilities I want to write in large letters: DON’T GIVE UP!

For precisely at these times I may start to feel self-pity and even hopelessness, perhaps a questioning of God, and the familiar “He’s forgotten me!” or “He doesn’t care about me!”

My heart knows that God cares very much for me. He cares, and He is righteous. He is always available, indeed ready at all times, to cut me free from the cords of the wicked. The times when I am tempted to give up and turn from Him are the very times I need to rush headlong into His arms. This reminder comes strongly to me from this verse.






Lord God,

I am reminded once more of Your faithfulness. O, that I could be as faithful.

Show me, Lord. Lead me, I ask, into deeper faithfulness. Let me know, truly know, that You are there at all times and I can turn to You in whatever circumstances I find myself.

I do not want to be caught in the trap of the wicked. I know I do not have full control over this. But I know You do, and my response is to turn to You, to seek to walk always with You.

Lord God, lead me in this day. Let us walk together. Show me Your grace and glory today. Let me enjoy You and even be used by You.

Come, Lord, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                             Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment