Thursday 26 July 2012

The strength you have


The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?”                       Judges 6.16



I see deep truth and much encouragement in this verse. Gideon has all the strength he needs. God clearly tells him that He is with him. Therefore the strength of the Lord is in Gideon and this is all he needs.

What does this tell me? Firstly to be sure when I go that God is sending me. When I know this I know that I go in the strength of the Lord.

I don’t ever want to go without God leading me, but I need to be sure this is the case, and that I’m not heading off in my own will and strength.

As I go forward in God’s will, I will know the strength of the Lord. Hallelujah!






Lord God,

I come to You and lay myself before You. I join with my Lord Jesus and say, “Yet not my will but yours be done.”

I want to go where You would send me. I want to live, and work, and have my being in You. I seek to operate only in Your strength. I wait on You, Lord. I look to You to lead me forward.

I pray for the fullness of strength, Your strength. Nothing is impossible for You. Lord, let me know Your strength and direction.

Take me through this day, and through my life, in Your will and in Your strength, in Jesus’ name I ask.                                                                                                      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment