Monday 23 July 2012

Some, ... but others!


Some were convinced by what he said, but others would not believe.           Acts 28.24



There have always been mixed responses to the gospel message. Perhaps this will always be the case. Is this the outworking of Jesus’ words “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him” (John 6.44)? This is God’s prevenient grace in action. God is God. He prepares the way for all who come to Him. He calls and He draws.

There are many I would dearly like to see join the body of Christ with the guarantee of the eternal kingdom. If they can’t come until the Father draws them, then the best gift I can give them is to call out to the Father in prayer on their behalf, and ask for His action to be extended to them.






Dear and Wonderful Father,

I thank You for my salvation. I marvel as I remember the journey that You have led me on, a journey that continues. But I think of others. I bring to mind family, friends, neighbours and acquaintances. They do not know You and, further, often respond in the negative when mention is made of You.

I realise, precious Father, that the bringing of these people to You lies, very likely, in the act of You drawing them. My action is to pray for them. I bring them before You and lift each one of them to You. Hear my cry for them, Lord. I cry out for their salvation. I pray for a divine reaching out to them and a rightful response on their part.

Hear my prayer for the lost. I start with those I know. I bring to mind the names of those close to me but there are many more, many whose names elude me. You know them all, the ones familiar to me, and all the others. Touch them Lord. Draw them to You, let them be convinced and receive Jesus as Lord and Saviour. Hear my prayer, in Jesus’ name I ask.

                                                                                                                                    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment