Friday 13 July 2012

One source

The Lord said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”        Exod. 4.11,12


There is just one source. Whatever natural features we have and whatever attributes and talents are given us to develop they originate in our divine maker. And His first aim is to love us.

God committed to give Moses the very words to speak. He assured him of His presence: “I will be with you” (3.12). He is strength and enabling. Moses did the greatest feats, and his source was God. At an age when he could so easily have thought that life had passed him by, that he had “missed his calling”, he was wonderfully called, and led into his life’s work.

And what of me? I have God’s assurance that He is with me. He will always be with me (Heb.13.5). I know that He can do anything (Matt. 19.26). In Him I, also, can do all things (Phil. 4.13). And I know that there can be no real opposition: If God is for us, who can be against us? (Rom. 8.31)

I am never alone, and never lacking for any resource that I might need. God is my strength and enabler. All the resources I need can come from Him. He is my shield, my protector. He is my refuge and my comfort. He is my rest and my restoration.

I want Him with me. I need Him to prepare me and lead me. I so want to please Him, to do His divine will and to achieve, in love, the wonders that He has ordained for me to do in the unique and special plan that He has formulated for my life.






Lord God,

I am greatly encouraged by the story of Moses. I still remember Your words to me when I was apprehensive at entering Bible college at an advanced age. “Remember Moses” was encouraging to me then and it is so now. Today I can believe that there is still much for me to do in the plan that You have for me.

I want to be nothing other than Yours, fully Yours. Take me, O Divine Master. Mould me and make me. Use me and enjoy me. I delight in the life I have in You. Whatever time I have left on earth I ask be filled with Your love and grace, mercy and blessing, that I be fitted in You and become a faithful and loving witness to Jesus.

I dare to ask for Your favour. Take me forward into the rest of my life. Let me see and hear, think and speak, in You. Lead me on, in Jesus’ name I ask.                              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment