Saturday 9 November 2019

Never again

The LORD has sworn by his right hand 
and by his mighty arm: 
“Never again will I give your grain 
as food for your enemies,
and never again will foreigners drink the 
new wine for which you have toiled.”                   Isa. 62.8


Moses warned the Israelites of God’s punishment on them for disobedience: “I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain your life. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it.”  (Lev. 26.16)

God’s punishment might seem harsh, but it is just. As I give myself in covenant relationship with Him, so I must obey, as best I can, His requirements of me. As I do my best, I believe He will forgive any trespass or omissions on my part. He is a good God, and His desire and intent is for my well-being.

Isaiah relates how the Lord now tells the Israelites that the punishment is over, and He will never again give food and drink that is rightfully theirs to their enemies. God has sworn this by his right hand and by his mighty arm. These are symbols of God’s power.

I serve the mightiest force of all. As I give myself to Him, I am protected and empowered, I am strengthened by the forces of all heaven, I am led by the wisest and loved by Him who is love itself.

When I stray or begin to falter, I pray He will bring me back. My true desire is to live fully in His presence and His will. The world would seek to draw me from Him, but Jesus saved me when He overcame the world. (John 16.33)  



Mighty Lord Jesus,
You rescued me and I will be eternally grateful. I do not wish to incur the Father’s wrath. I know I do not always do what is right and acceptable to Him, but I certainly wish to please Him. I seek forgiveness for my errant behaviour. I humbly ask for the fullness of relationship with the Godhead.                 Amen.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment