Friday 8 November 2019

Growth

For as the soil makes the sprout come up 
and a garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign LORD will make
righteousness and praise
spring up before all nations.                      Isa 61. 11


I like the comparison between God’s work in His people and His work in the creation of nature.

The soil, rich in nutrients, brings growth in the vegetation. The seeds 
grow and life will sprout up from the soil. We have come to see this dynamic as perfectly natural. We accept this as we can the air in our lungs which brings us breath.

The work of God in human lives – personal and collectively – ought to be received just as openly and easily as His work in the world of nature. Sadly, this is not always the case, and so many miss out on life – the very rich life they could receive through a deep and lasting relationship with God.

From our life with the Father, and out openness with and to Him, we will be blessed. He will bring to pass righteousness and praise to all nations. He will bring these things to each country, to people groups, and to individuals.

God will bring righteousness and peace to me. I see righteousness grow in the process of sanctification. As I allow Jesus to lead me, as I give myself to Him, so He will draw me closer and I will become more like Him.

I hope to minister out of righteousness and peace, and all the other gifts and qualities that God gives me.  As I do so, I believe I will grow more like Him, but also draw others to Him. My vision is to do just this: to know Him in intimate relationship and to lead others into a good place in Him.


Lord Jesus,
Unashamedly I want more of You, and so I ask. I want to get close and go deep with You, to know You to the greatest degree while I am on this earth. I ask for more, and I will willingly share it with those who need to know You, who You direct me to. Hear my prayer, in Your precious name.               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment