Friday 29 November 2019

Chosen

For he chose us in him (Jesus) before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In his love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will – to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.
                                                                                          Eph. 1. 4-6


There is much to receive and ponder in these few verses. The first reality that is reinforced to me here is that I have been chosen. I was chosen before the creation of the world. I was chosen by Him to be holy and blameless in His sight. This cannot be achieved by me. This is the Father’s work through the Son, my Lord Jesus Christ. I am chosen to be holy and blameless in His sight. This becomes truth for me when I see God looking down on me from heaven and seeing, not me but Jesus, the vicarious sacrifice.

I am not chosen alone. Though His choice of me is individual and personal (let me not forget this), I am chosen in company with many others: You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Peter 2.9)

Believers have been called, separately and individually, but also collectively, to come as one into the Body of Christ. We have been adopted as sons and daughters of God. We are united through Christ. He is pleased to receive us. We are called to praise Him and the glorious grace through which He unites us to Himself, the Holy Godhead, and to each other. His grace is freely given. It comes in the fullness of His love. What love, what power, what blessing is freely given to me by my wonderful Lord and maker.  



Mighty and Loving God,
I see the reality of creation and the beauty of Your love in these verses. I was created to worship You and join with You in sweet relationship. I am unable to achieve this in myself because the sins if men have contaminated me. However, Your plan was not to be thwarted and, through Your love and grace You have brought about my salvation and restoration. You chose me to be brought, in wholesome purity, into relationship with You and the whole Body of Christ. I am humbled. I am overwhelmed in gratitude. I give my obedience and love to You.          Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment