Monday 18 November 2019

Blame

Why, O LORD, do you make us 
wander from your ways 
and harden our hearts so we do not revere you? 
Return for the sake of your servants, 
the tribes that are your inheritance.                     Isa 63. 3-17


The people appear to be “bleating”. They are blaming God for their own omissions and misdeeds. When they went astray in the wilderness, God certainly allowed them to do so, not seeking to rescue them but, still, it was the act of the people to stray. 

They had hardened their hearts yet, again, they sought to blame the Lord (Isa. 6.10). Then comes a plea for restoration. The people claim the “servants” of God as a reason for His recalling of the people and their restoration into relationship with Him. The “servants” here could well be the: servants of the LORD whom the LORD has declared as vindicated. (Isa. 54.17)

How often do we blame God for our feelings? I think far too often! Instead of owning our own misdemeanours and sins, we readily find excuses to blame Him. If God seeks to ignore us, reject us, or even punish us, we need to look into our misdoings and see the extent to which we are to blame. God will not be manipulated. Despite the truth of this, people attempt to pass blame on to Him, not willing to own up to their own inadequacies.

I have found from experience that I am set free when I honestly declare my faults I am set free and I am able to re-enter and resume my wonderful, blessed relationship with my maker. I am so grateful.


Holy Father,
Again I come to You in thanksgiving. I thank You for this insight. Lead me, please, into an examination of my own thoughts, words and actions when I might be tempted to turn to You in criticism or blame. I seek to take responsibility for those things I do that displease You. Let me be willing to acknowledge and admit my insufficiencies. Lead me forward, please, in release and restitution.               Amen.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment