Wednesday 6 November 2019

Adorned

I delight greatly in the LORD; 
my soul rejoices in my God. 
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation 
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, 
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, 
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.                Isa 61.10


I believe I was created for God’s delight. He formed me in His own image. This is amazing; it is powerful, even overwhelming. I exist in the image of God Almighty, my heavenly Father. I am in His image, but my own person is marred by the stains of sin. This is well known to God. But He has dealt with it as only He can. By the vicarious death of His Son He has rescued me from the clutches of sin and death and He has restored me into right relationship with Himself: …he has clothed me with garments of salvation. No longer do I wear the “filthy rags” of sin. I have been reclothed and my God has covered me in a robe of righteousness.

The imagery is that of a bridegroom and a bride. Their appearance is pure and even divine. They stand clean and free. These are the true children of God.

This mage applies to me. No longer am I confined to the world’s specifications and view of me. I have been liberated to be the person God created me to be. Am I royalty? Maybe, but more importantly I am brought into my heavenly inheritance. I am marked with the wonder of holiness. His presence is upon me and within me. Sanctification is underway in my life. I am moving to become the stain free, holy bridegroom ready to join in union with my Master. I give myself willingly.


Holy Father,
I see You with arms outstretched to receive me. I feel the welcome of love releasing me from worldly trouble and toil and taking me into the heavenly realm. I join with angels and the saints who have gone before. I feel at home. I am a child of glory, and glory welcomes me. Hallelujah!            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment