Thursday 1 December 2016

See Him

“A little while, and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, and you will see me.”                                                                                                                                             John 16.16


Jesus knew what was to come. He knew He would disappear for a time with His burial. His disciples would be desolate in this time and surely would think that everything was lost.

But Jesus knew He was going to re-appear, furthermore His reappearance would be miraculous and more powerful than anything that had come before. Following His reappearance, the disciples would be set free and empowered to go forward themselves in love and truth and in might.

In a different way, we may have those times when we seem not to see Jesus. Where is He in our moments of greatest need? At such times our pain may seem every bit as acute as that endured by the first disciples.

But, even though we may not see Him – and even be convinced that He is no longer there, this is not true. Jesus has given His word that He will not leave us, and He is true to His word.

In my experience, when I feel I no longer see Him, it’s because I have allowed circumstances to take control. I don’t see Him because I have deflected my eyes and become consumed by the situation that surrounds me. When I recover myself in Him, I find peace, and often the most wonderful solution eventuates.

It’s rather silly of me to lose sight of Him but, praise God, He’s still there.





Mighty God and Loving Lord,


I thank You for Your constant presence. Forgive me for those times when I lose sight of You. Strengthen me please to resist the pull of circumstances when they appear to deny Your presence to me. Let me remember that I am yoked to Jesus in inseparable partnership. Let me know You’re there, even if I don’t see You. Thank You, Lord.                   Amen.



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment