Wednesday 7 December 2016

Given

“Now they know that everything you have given me is from you; for the words that you gave to me I have given to them, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.”                       John 17.7,8


Jesus lived in total dependence on the Father. He did only what He saw the Father do; He spoke the words that the Father gave Him; His one desire was to do the Father’s will.

Jesus calls to me, “Come, follow me.” He is inviting me to live in full dependence on the Father. He is asking me to do what I see the Father doing. He is urging me to speak forth the words that the Father gives me. And He is encouraging me to live in the Father’s will, in the fullness of what the Father has for me.

Jesus is talking about the most absolute form of relationship. He is one with the Father. The Spirit is with them in that one-ness. And He invites me in! Earlier in this passage He defines eternal life, being: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

The way is open for me to know God and to live in the fullness of relationship with Him. Oh, let me embrace Him with the whole of my being. Let me give myself to Him in complete surrender. Let my life be totally infused with Him. May nothing else matter save knowing Him and living in the completeness of His will.





Mighty God,

I want to follow Jesus. I want to do what I see the Father do. I want to speak the words that the Father gives me, all of them. I want to live in the fullness of Your will.

I give myself to You to the fullest extent that am able. I ask You to lead me through any obstacles that may get in the way. I love You and want to please You in fulfilling the plan You have for my life. Let me follow Jesus, in serving You, in His precious name I ask. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment