Friday 23 December 2016

Reality

When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing beside her, he said to his mother, “Woman, here is your son.”                                 John 19.26


In the very last moments of His life Jesus shows His all-consuming concern for others. He would have been aware of the place and plight of women in the culture of the time, and how they needed to be protected and cared for by a male. His deep concern for His mother comes forth and, almost with His final breath, He makes provision for her.

But then, the whole of His suffering and death was occasioned by love for others. When I reflect how He gave Himself for me, I am bowled over. Like so much of His story – which is, in reality, what He does for me – I can say that I know it, but I’m not sure that its full import is realised in my deepest being. And this realisation is where I need to live in order to be able to genuinely witness and share with others the miracle of God’s love.

Jesus is real to me. I thank God for that, because it is a definite answer to a specific prayer. I now need the depth and wonder of His life and working to be made equally real, to become part of my inner self, so that I can live and witness out of the fullness of Christ in me.





Lord, Mighty God,

I ask You to make real to me every aspect of the divinity of Christ lived out in the earthly Jesus. I ask for insight into His supernatural acts and abilities. I pray for an enabling to live in the absolute truth of who He was, and is! I seek to witness out of this truth and have the reality of Christ in me made manifest in and through my life’s journey.

I thank You for the love that fosters all that is. I pray for this love to shine out in who I am and in anything that I do. I boldly ask for these things in Jesus’ name.

I love You, Lord. Receive my love with this prayer.
                  
                                     Hallelujah!
                                               

                                                Amen.



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment