Friday 23 September 2016

A sinner saved

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. Heb. 12.4


Jesus shed His blood, but it was not for His own sin. He was sinless, totally free of the bonds and shackles of sin that that so bind mortals. Jesus shed His blood for me.

I am a sinner. I know this. At times I am most uncomfortably aware of my sin. At other times, I might try and convince myself that I am "not so bad". However, the truth is that I was born into a sinful world and I will struggle against sin 'til my departure from this life. I am a sinner, and I struggle against sin, but I have not yet done so to the point of shedding my blood.

I am a sinner. I know this, and God knows it also. God also knows that I cannot save myself from sin. Even if I should struggle to the point of shedding my blood, I would not be able to save myself.

And then Jesus came. Jesus came then, and Jesus comes now. He shed His blood, for me! The act was committed, the release was assured. Jesus came and gave His life to rescue me. All I need to do is to come - to Jesus. As I acknowledge Him, as I fall at His feet in confession and humble repentance, I may hear His words, "Go, your sins have been forgiven." What powerful release I receive with this sweetest blessing from Him.



Most Wonderful Lord Jesus,

You shed Your blood for me. I am undeserving, Lord, both You and I know this. Yet You came, and You gave Your very life for me. I give You heartfelt thanks, and I give You my life in humble response. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment