Monday 2 May 2016

Testimony

“I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.”                                                           Acts 26.17,18


Paul is repeating his testimony. The first time he shared it was with the crowd outside the temple in Jerusalem. This time Paul tells his story in Christ to King Herod Agrippa the second and Festus, the Roman governor.

We each have a testimony, a story in Christ. We are called to share our stories. This may open the eyes of unbelievers. They may be turned from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God. Whether or not people will do this is not up to us. That is the work of the Holy Spirit. We are called simply to share our stories, our lives, and our love. God will do the rest!

From Paul’s story, we can see how clearly God led him. But Paul had to be willing. He obviously was! I believe I am willing. I look, then, to God for His leading.





Holy and Mighty God,

I thank You for the testimony You have given me. My story is so very much my own. I pray for opportunities to share it freely and widely. As You led Paul, so I ask You to lead me. May I be willing to go where You take me and to do whatever is in Your will for me to do.

Lead me, Lord, that I might share what You would have me share. This is my story and it is unique to me. But it is all about You. May I freely and easily share the wonder of You in my life, the amazing change that has impacted the whole of my living since You called me, and I responded.

My life is not as dramatic as Paul’s. But it is mine. May I use it as faithfully and as effectively as he did his. Help me, please. I’m yours.              Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment