Sunday 29 May 2016

Sing

Sing for joy to God our strength;
shout aloud to the God of Jacob!
Begin the music, strike the tambourine,
play the melodious harp and lyre.                                                    Psalm 81.1,2


I receive these verses and I take them just as they are. I feel a need to rejoice in God simply because He is God. Right now, I’m not asking Him to do anything for me. I want to worship and adore Him for who He is.

I have read through a number of the “lament” psalms where the psalmist, presumably as spokesman for the people, laments the present situation that they find themselves in, then asks God to act in defence of them and against all the surrounding nations that attack and overwhelm them, and THEN they will acknowledge Him and praise Him for His rescue of them.

I don’t wish to praise God only when He does something beneficial to me. I believe I am called to LIVE in worship of the Almighty. Certainly, I acclaim God for what He does, and what He does is always good. But I worship Him for who He is.

God is ever constant, He does not change. God is good; God is love. I love my God for who He is. I appreciate all that He does for me, but I desire to love Him irrespective of what He might do.

I do not know how successful I am in praising and worshipping God at all times and in every situation. What I do know is that I want to cry out to Him in praise and thanksgiving right now.






Almighty God,


I am filled with desire to sing out to You in glorious praise and worship. Love for You bubbles up inside me and I release it in wonder and praise of who You are. I love you and I speak it out freely. I adore the “person” of You. I dare to reach out to touch the hem of Your garment. Receive me, Lord, and my love and adoration, In Jesus’ name I ask.                                     Amen.             



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment