Tuesday 17 May 2016

Free

I, I am He who blots out your transgressions for my own sake,
and I will not remember your sins.                                              Isa. 43.25 (NRSV)


In context, God is talking about all the direst activities of the Israelites that saw them exiled to Babylon.

In Christ, we are looking at the forgiveness of sin of any person in any time period who will come to Him in humble and genuine repentance.

God is telling us that He will totally eradicate the effect of our sins on our relationship with Him. This does not come about by any merit or goodness on our part. His acts of grace stem fully from His own being, and His righteous but loving essence. His being assures us of forgiveness and reconciliation.

In this record of His word through Isaiah, God is speaking to me. The meaning of His words is deep, and truly liberating. I receive it totally and willingly. I rejoice in His release of me into relationship with Him and I seek the fullness of that relationship.





Loving God,

You set me free. I thank You. I rejoice in Your great love and concern for me. I receive the release from sin. My heart’s desire is to please You, and be free of ongoing sin. I know I cannot achieve this, so I ask You to be patient with me, and strengthen me in Christ that I may be able to resist the temptation of evil when it presents itself.

I receive also Your release into ongoing relationship with You. I rejoice in our union. May You draw me closer, and take me deeper into intimate communion. I yearn to be so infused with You that the demarcation between where I end and You begin disappears. May I be so wrapt, and wrapped, in You.

I long to know more of the secrets of heaven. I pray You will disclose some of these as we continue out journey together. Today I pray I will experience a real sensing of You in the outworking of my life. Come, let’s walk through the day in concert. Hallelujah!
                                                                                                                               Amen.






My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment