Thursday 5 May 2016

Faithful

Then the angel of the Lord set out and struck down one hundred and eighty-five thousand in the camp of the Assyrians; when morning dawned they were all dead bodies.                                                                                                         Isa. 37.36


The faithfulness of God! He had said He would defend Jerusalem to save it. And so He does! Jerusalem was totally at the mercy of the Assyrians. There was no possibility of resisting the Assyrian attack from within. But God had assured them of His protection, and He faithfully kept to His word.

The God I embrace is faithful and true. What He says, He will do. He has said He will never leave me nor ever forsake me (Heb. 13.5). He has said He is for me (Rom.8.31). He has told me that His grace is sufficient for me, implying that His power will be made perfect in my weakness (2 Cor. 12.9). This is my God, and I am totally sold out to Him.





Mighty God,

I bow before You. I declare You to be my God and King, my Lord and Guide, my Saviour and Friend.

I humbly thank You for Your truthfulness and faithfulness. What You say, You mean. And You fulfil every promise that You make. Your Word is filled with promises – of life and love, of righteousness and well-being.

I am Yours, Lord. I lay myself before You in sweet submission. May You form me into the person You want me to be. May Your promises be fulfilled in my life, according to Your timing and manner. May Your will be done, and may I receive Your will as my own.

I choose to live in the security of Your grace and love, Your faithfulness and truthfulness. I pray that these very qualities will be manifest in me as I live in You.

Great God, receive my adoration and worship. I love You , and rejoice in relationship in You.                               Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment