Monday 26 October 2015

Revealed

Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.”                                                   Matt. 16.17


We know what we know about God only by what He reveals to us. We will only ever know of God by His personal revelation. I can give myself to careful examination and clever thinking through His Word and the many millions of words about Him that have been written by others yet, at the end of the day, I will only know Him as He chooses to share with me.

I also see the vast, overwhelming importance of knowing Him, as well as knowing about Him. I can know a great deal about Him but this profits me very little until I actually know Him, and enter into a living relationship with Him. Again I think God is the initiator of this. He moves to draw me to Him in sweet encounter. I have the choice of response. This was my experience many years ago. I am ever grateful that I chose to accept His gracious invitation.

And now my choice is to remain alert, to be ever ready to receive what He would share with me. I make myself available. In my entreaties I unashamedly ask for more. I can’t get enough of my loving, gracious God.

I am so blessed, and the blessings continue to come.





Most Gracious God,

My heart cannot fully express the joy and thanks I feel that You have drawn me into relationship with Your Wonderful Self.

I look for more. I ask, humbly, that You draw me close. May I know more of the secrets of heaven? May I enter deeper into the mystery of divine love? You are everything to me. I am nothing without You.

I thank You for this realisation, and for the knowledge that You are always there. Fill me to overflowing in You. Lead me to share You wide and long.             Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment