Friday 9 October 2015

My Goal

He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ ”                              Luke 13.32


The Pharisees have told Jesus that Herod (the fox) wants to kill Him. They urge Him to leave the area. Jesus’ response clearly shows that He is living His life to a predetermined plan and will not be swayed or dictated to by men. He is totally committed to God’s way.

His present ministry He will practice today and tomorrow (likely a Semitic phrase referring to an indefinite but limited period of time). After that, when God so determines, He will reach His goal, the culmination of His mission here on earth.

I wonder how Jesus the man felt when the Pharisees made their insidious comments. He was very likely up to their plan to be rid of Him. Would He have been tempted to succumb to their suggestion as any mere mortal might? The narrative gives no hint of this but, rather, asserts His clear conviction and commitment to what had been pre-ordained for Him.

I believe there is a pre-ordained plan for my life. I also believe I can influence, even change, God’s plan by the choices I make. Jesus also had this ability, but He chose instead to be obedient. May I do likewise.





Gracious Father,

I believe You have a definite plan for my life. I so want to give myself fully into Your plan. I seek Your guidance in this. May I walk close with You. I know the value of Your holy word.

Speak to me, please, through Your Word. Communicate also with me by the words of others, through dreams and visions, and the general experiences of life. I ask to walk with You for, as I do, I am shaped and formed by You.


May I not be influenced by any human comment that contradicts You, but may I give myself fully to Your plan. I ask these things in Jesus’ name.                        Amen.




My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment