Saturday 3 January 2015

Watch!

 “What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’ ”                                      Mark 13.37



Jesus speaks of the signs of the end of the age. He prophesies the destruction of the temple. He warns against deceivers, saying, “Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many.” He tells of false messiahs and prophets who will manifest false signs, and He cautions, “So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.”

But the Son of Man will come. In clouds He will appear, coming with great power and glory. He will send His angels and gather in His elect from all parts. Even with this assurance, however, no one will know the timing. The Father alone knows this.

And so, it is imperative to keep watch. Jesus has emphasized this from the beginning of this discourse when He said to Peter and Andrew, James and John, “Watch out that no one deceives you.” With respect to the unknown timing, He says, “Be on guard! Be alert!” And His last word in this matter is, “Watch!”

The warning is clear. May we indeed be alert, but may He also protect and guide us in these last days.





Lord Jesus,

I heed your words of warning. There is much happening in the world today to suggest that we may be in the final days. Yet we cannot presume.

I pray for the saints. I ask both Your protection and Your guidance. May we not react adversely to presenting situations but, rather, may we reflect in You upon what’s happening and seek to respond appropriately in You. Strengthen us to resist false prophets and teachers, and to withstand the wiles of the enemy. Give wisdom in great measure.

I pray also for those who don’t know You, and even reject You. I pray for the salvation of their souls. Whilst there is still time, please draw then to You, Holy Triune God. Hear my pleas for the lost.


Receive my petition for the protection of the saints and answer, please, in Jesus’ name I ask.                      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment