Wednesday 21 January 2015

Against Jesus

The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death, but they did not find any.                          Mark 14.55


Many seek to “put Jesus to death”, to discount His story and dismiss Him, but any evidence of substance against Him cannot be found. I have heard of individuals who took to the Bible with the sole and express purpose of discrediting what it says. Yet in the process these people have been dramatically “turned around”, and have found real and lasting faith.

I pray for all those who have not received Jesus as Saviour and as Lord, but I particularly pray for those who, for whatever reason or motive, seek to positively disprove Him. May they be touched by the truth, the love and the grace of God, and may they be released from all doubt and brought fully into the kingdom.




Lord God,

Since the time You walked this earth there has been opposition to You. It seems to me that, in this present age, the world is desperate for You yet is totally unaware that You are the answer that they are seeking.

I pray for the world. I cry out for people everywhere and ask for Your mercy. May we know afresh the power, conviction and love of Your Holy Spirit. In the vein of  Pentecost, I ask for a fresh outpouring. May love, repentance and reconciliation burst forth all over this globe.

I pray especially for those who appear to wage a particular vendetta against You. I ask that You would reach them in the midst of their pain, and bring healing and release.

I pray that Your people will rise up in all parts of the world. May love and joy outflow in the most desperate situations and may such situations be totally turned around in healing and wholeness.

The world needs Jesus. Hear my prayer on behalf of the world, and come. Come, Lord Jesus, come.                     Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk"). 

No comments:

Post a Comment