Sunday 8 December 2013

Challenge



Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?                                  Gal. 3.3



Paul challenges, not only the Galatians but every believer. Do we go forward in our own strength or do we allow God to empower and lead us by His Holy Spirit?

My choice, undoubtedly, is to go His way. His Word is full of reminders and promises of the strength and assurance that I have in Him.

Yet, whilst I have this conviction and determination within me, there are still times when I fall back into my own thinking and I find myself acting out of my own decisions and resources. Even then, however, I believe I can place God in the controlling position. I pray to Him and He hears, I release myself into His keeping and His way and ask Him to keep me on the path that He would have me travel,

In response to Paul’s question, I say clearly that I do not wish to function by my own human effort but by the presence and power of God’s Holy Spirit in me. He has chosen me. He has reached out to me. In faith I respond.







Lord God,

I surrender. I don’t want to go my way in my strength and effort. I give myself fully over to You. Your ways are wonderful, far above my ways and thinking and beyond anything I might understand or hope for.

I rejoice in Your Holy Spirit. I ask You to fill me to overflowing. May I know the fullness of joy, power, and peace that comes by Your Spirit.

My goal is to be pleasing to You. I give to You the day ahead and the various arrangements that I have made. I ask You to alter or amend the timetable or agenda as it suits You. I thrill to go Your way. May I be a true, sincere and real witness to Jesus as I journey through this day. I pray You will use me to minister to people, to show them Jesus, and draw them closer to You. I ask these things in Jesus’ Name.                                                                     Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment