Wednesday 2 October 2013

Praise the Lord!



Praise the LORD.
Praise the name of the LORD;
praise him, you servants of the LORD,
 you who minister in the house of the LORD,
in the courts of the house of our God.
                                                                                                    Psalm 135.1,2


I see this as a clear and direct call to God’s people. The call is to praise and the call is to all of God’s people. None are excluded, none are exempt. This is not a task that can be delegated. It might be seen by some as a duty. This may be, but it must first be seen as a delight – a delight and a privilege.

All believers should give themselves willingly in praise of an almighty and loving God. All need to understand the incredible privilege it is to give ourselves to Him in praise, adoration and worship coming, as we do so, into His presence.

For our praise to be effective in public, it must be practiced in private. Without private devotion and devotedness, public participation is no more than a sham display.

Let us praise the name of the Lord, publically and privately.





Lord God,

I love you and I delight at this opportunity to come to You with praise and thanksgiving. I rejoice in You and I enthuse that I can touch You with my praise and worship as wonderfully in private as I may in public.

Receive my sincere homage and adulation. Receive me! I join with the heavenly hosts and the faithful on earth in bringing You honest praise and accord.

You are my God, and You are my Lord. I bow before You. I kneel at Your feet. I salute You, wonderful Saviour, great King, holy, loving Father.

Receive the praise and honour I bring, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment