Tuesday 15 October 2013

Active



I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.                    Philemon 6


As I ponder this verse I realise the truth and encouragement that it contains. Sharing my faith is active. It is an action in which, from my embrace in God, I reach out to others with His love and acceptance. Some that I share with will know Him. Others may not. Yet God loves them all, and I am encouraged to reach out to them in His love.

I may share God’s truth in deep ways with people, exploring His word and its meaning. Or I may join with them in simple celebration and enjoyment of His love. Whatever it may be, it hopefully helps those I share with whilst, at the same time, it leads me into deepening understanding of all that I have in Jesus.

It is true that God’s blessings are manifold. As I live in Him, and as I am willing to share Him, I may be used by Him to bring His blessing to others. I may also be mightily blessed myself. Praise God!






Lord God,

I love you and I want to share Your love freely and widely. But I do not want Your love to be scorned nor Your blessing demeaned. I know I can ask for Your Holy Spirit guidance, and I do this now.

Come Holy Spirit, lead me to those whom the Father would have me share with. Equip and enable me to teach where You would have me do so, to correct and rebuke if this is needed, and to share God’s wonderful love in boundless joy and encouragement with all who need it and are willing to receive it.

I thank You for a release into sharing. I ask for a greater release. As I share, I pray  You will lead me into fuller understanding of every good thing I have in Christ.

Feed me. Release me. Use me, in Your love and power. In Jesus’ Name I ask.                 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment