Sunday 7 December 2014

Relationship

“The most important one,”  answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ ”         Mark 12.30


One of the most significant realisations for the Christian believer is that we are made in God’s image and we were created to live in relationship with Him.

For me, this is the prime relationship. God comes first. He is above all and before all. Jesus accuses the church in Ephesus of forsaking their first love (Rev. 2.4). I pray that I may never do this. God now takes His place as my first love. He hasn’t always been this priority for me and, for this, I am heartily sorry.

I seek to love Him with every part of my being. There are times when I know I disappoint Him. I confess and repent of such times. I seek His forgiveness and His leading of me into a place of deep and ongoing communication with Him. I acknowledge that I need Him to  help me in this. I rejoice in those times of sweet communion between my Lord God and myself.





Holy Lord,

I love You, and my desire is for this love to be all-consuming and eliminating of everything in my life that would contaminate. Maybe this is a hope for heaven. Meanwhile I look to You in this earthly life. I ask You to be my protector and guide, my mentor and friend, and the greatest love I have ever known.

I give myself afresh to You today. Lead me through the day. Be in everything I do. Show me Your way. I pray that Your holy light will shine through me. Let me know the power of Your presence with me. May we do great things together.


I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment