Wednesday 10 December 2014

Mission



Rather, as it is written:
“Those who were not told about him will see,
and those who have not heard will understand.”
                              Rom. 15.21


Paul is very much the believer missionary. His ambition was to preach the gospel message where Christ was not known. It is my belief that God commissioned him for this specific work. I believe, also, that God has a particular commission for all those He takes into Kingdom work. He will unfold for us what He desires us to do. I also think we will know, as God unfolds it, that we are meant to take the way that opens before us.

I admire Paul’s amazing work in the missionary field. For my part, I sense that God has called me more to disciple making. I am greatly moved to encourage people in the life Jesus offers us. I believe in healing of the broken and wounded, and release into a new life in Christ. Jesus calls us to follow Him. There are specifics in this, ways of behaviour by which we show the world that we are His followers. I give myself to embrace these ways in my own life, and I encourage others to do likewise.

It thrills me to know that I am part of God’s amazing ministerial network, where some are apostles, some are prophets, and others evangelists, pastors or teachers (Eph. 4.11). We each have a part to play. I pray to God that we will each respond, take hold and live out what He would have us do.




Lord, Mighty God,
I thank You for Paul’s great ministry. I thank You for the call I believe I have received. May all whom You call be willing to respond and serve You  long and faithfully.                        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment