Tuesday 23 December 2014

My Soul

My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.                                                 
Psalm 34.2


What is my soul? I see soul as separate from spirit. My soul is, perhaps, the worldly essence of me. It is my thinking and my feeling, as distinct from those very clear inner impressions and experiences that I feel in my spirit.

I could say that a lot of my living generates and expresses from my soul. This leads me to see the first part of this verse as a call for me to boast out about my Lord in the daily aspects of my living. This becomes clearer to me with the passing of the years and the spiritual maturity I gain from my pursuit of God. More and more I am living with Him. He is with me at all times and I am realizing this in increasing measure, and living more consistently in His presence. It is therefore natural for me to boast in Him.

I should willingly share my boasting with the afflicted, for they surely need the healing, release and empowerment that comes from hearing and knowing Him. God is, absolutely, the most wonderful companion. Let me never hesitate to share Him, to acquaint others with what He has done in my life, and to encourage them to embrace Him in their own lives.

May my life be a generous boasting in the Lord.




Most Mighty God,

I thank You for your presence in my life. I ask for many opportunities to boast in You.

I pray for those who are afflicted. May they hear the wonderful message of Jesus and the testimonies of what You have done in so many lives. Lord, let the afflicted hear. May they be touched and may they rejoice in You. Great is our God.              Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment