Monday 11 August 2014

Returning

I've now been home for three weeks. It's taken me this time to adjust and to feel I can resume the blog. I apologise to any regular readers for the delay.

My return from Europe to Australia took the better part of two days - two taxing and tiring days.Then it took about two weeks to settle back into an acceptable sleeping and waking pattern. Such are the joys of international travel, but the discomforts are soon lost in the remembrances of the blessings of the trip.

After returning home it was "business as usual' almost immediately. I so enjoy working with, and for, God.

The memories of my European Pilgrimage are still strong and vibrant. I have also found that God is continuing to expand insights He gave me during my Camino days. I had been home just a few days when I had a "prang" in the car. I needed to brake suddenly, but I simply didn't stop in time. The damage at first appeared slight, but when the experts viewed the vehicle I was advised (or maybe ordered) not to drive it any further. I am car-less for two weeks.

I have realised how I could have reacted to this situation. I don't think I did! I might have blamed God, asking Him why He allowed this to happen (as if it had anything to do with Him). I did not do this! Instead I took hold of the understanding that God sometimes allows mishaps to occur. Sometimes He may instigate the mishap. The lesson I'm learning is not to blame God when things go wrong. Instead I look for Him in the midst of the dilemma or catastrophe, for I know He will walk with me. He will lead me through the presenting misadventure - into victory!

I see this as a valuable insight. When I reflect on the inhuman activity that is occurring in many different parts of the world, I see the absolute necessity for God's people to look to Him, to lay hold of His presence with them, and to let Him lead them through.

The positive of the car's absence is that I have been walking more, not only where I need to go, but extra jaunts as well. And it's great!

The Camino lessons continue in my daily life. And so they might, for my pilgrimage is ongoing. I hope to journey with Jesus each day that is left of this earthly existence. And after, I look to being with Him for all eternity.

I plan to continue the blog with postings from my prayer journal, as I have done previously. Earlier this year a selection of my prayer journal entries was published in a volume titled GOD TALK. For anyone interested, the book is available from major Internet booksellers. A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

May you know the reality of His presence with you as you journey your own pilgrimage through life. May He strengthen, comfort, love and bless you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment