Wednesday 27 August 2014

He gives



He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all – how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?                    Rom.8.32


Paul reminds me of the ultimate – and supreme – sacrifice God made for me. He gave the most precious thing He could. He gave of Himself, truly of Himself. And He gave this to me.

Do I realise just how much He loves me? I wonder if I truly do get hold of the love He has for me. Am I deserving? Most certainly not! Yet, instead of feeling ashamed at this fact, I’m feeling privileged that God ignores (or perhaps discounts) my unworthiness and gives to me abundantly and generously. This is because of who He is, not who I am. God loves me. Let me see and accept this with all of my being.

Paul proceeds, by way of a question, to suggest that God will give me all things. All things, that is, that will benefit me in my growth in Him. There may be things that I would like God to give me, but these might be irrelevant or superfluous. Let me not hanker after such. Rather let me look for, and go for, those things that grow me in Him, that draw me closer to Him.

Also in this verse is the beautiful word “graciously”. God gives to me out of His grace. He gives to me in grace. I see grace as emanating from God’s love for me. His love manifests in grace, in mercy, in understanding and forgiveness, and in blessing. He loves me, and I receive all the wonderful benefits of His love.





Holy God,

I am undeserving of the wonderful love You have for me. Forgive me please. Let me not presume on Your love but let me receive it in grace.

Let me, also in grace, share and spread Your love. Help me, please, to daily live a life that is honouring and pleasing to You.

Amen.




My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").
 

No comments:

Post a Comment