Saturday 30 August 2014

Afterward




And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
                                                  Joel 2.28


God will bring restoration and then He will pour out His Spirit without discrimination. All will participate. It seems also that people will receive revelation – old men through dreams and young men with visions. God’s plan will embrace everyone – if we are only willing! Again, we have a choice.

It seems that this word is not strictly for now. It comes “afterward”. Joel has spoken of a restoration. This is followed by the Messianic period, the time of a great outpouring of the Spirit. This is what we can look forward to. And there is time, still, for those who presently spurn God to come to Him.

In this time, believers can intercede, and cry out to God to be merciful to those that shun Him. Are they deserving of God’s mercy? Maybe not! But then, neither are believers. This is the wonder of God’s love. It has no limits. It is extended to all, for God had no favourites (Rom. 2.11).



Lord God,

I thank You for my salvation. I thank You that You drew me to You and led me into further relationship.

I pray for those who don’t know You. My heart cries out for them. Be merciful, O Holy One, and lead them into the truth, into Your light and into Your love.

I pray especially for those I know and for those who are dear to me. Father God, please touch them with the Father’s love, that they will know the reality of the great love You have for them. And may they respond in giving their lives over to Your lordship.

I cry out for the lost. Hear my prayer. Reach out to them. Let them see their great need and how it is fully met in You. I ask, believing for miracles of love, in Jesus’ mighty name.                          Amen.




My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").
 


No comments:

Post a Comment