Wednesday 20 August 2014

Blessed



Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.”              Luke 10.23, 24


I have long believed that I only know of God what He Himself reveals to me. In this I am blessed, for He has made real to me the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. When this happened I was not seeking Him, at least not consciously so. Indeed, at that time, I was fully occupied with a demanding job and raising a child on my own. But God knew better. He could well see the difference that would come in my life if I was to enter into relationship with Him.

And so He drew me to Jesus. In fact He took me into the whole Trinity. It was real. He offered me relationship, and I received it. It was instantly good, and has got progressively deeper and richer with each passing day. I am truly blessed.

I did not yearn for God, yet He took me to Him. I see and hear amazing and beautiful things, sights of wonder, words and actions of love. Many people have sought this. These people populate every sector of society. Even prophets and kings have striven to know God, to be drawn into relationship with Him.

However, this is not something we can instigate. It comes by way of a sovereign act of God. If He moves, then we have a choice. When offered, I chose Him.


I am blessed!





O Loving God,

I recall with joy the events of long ago when You drew me to You. How wonderful that time was, yet the wonder and joy has increased as the relationship has grown and prospered. You draw me closer and take me deeper into love with each passing day. I am so blessed, and so very grateful.

Thank You, I love You.            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment