Monday 5 March 2012

Needy


For he will deliver the needy who cry out,
the afflicted who have no one to help.
He will take pity on the weak and the needy
and save the needy from death.
He will rescue them from oppression and violence,
for precious is their blood in his sight.
                      
Psalm 72.12-14


These words are written of the king, I think Solomon. He had great responsibility for a lot of people. He was able to help many people who otherwise would have received no help.

These words move me. They remind me of the many who need help today: the needy who cry out daily; the afflicted who think there in no one to help them. Yet there is help. God is our help and our strength. God is there for all people. He will take pity on the weak and the needy. He will save the needy from death. He will rescue the needy from oppression and violence. For their blood is so precious in his sight, their lives and their living mean so much to Him.

God may choose me to help Him. I pray that He does. I ask daily to see people as He sees them. I pray that He will guide me in this, strengthen me and use me. I would delight to join with Him, to be used by Him in this work.



Lord God,

These words spoken of Solomon remind me so much of Your ministry to the lost, the hurting and the broken. I lift the needy to You, the needy everywhere. I know Your heart is wide open toward them. I pray for a similar heart. I ask, not presumptuously but humbly, that You would allow me to work with You – as a co-worker. I pray that You would use me to minister to the needy. Please show me people as You see them. Empower me to minister Your healing to them, to lead them closer to You.

My delight, sweet Saviour, is to walk with You, and to lead others in that way.

Hear my prayer, and answer me, in Jesus’ name I ask.                     Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment