Friday 2 March 2012

God Led


But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets: “He will be called a Nazarene.”                         M’t. 2.22,23


God’s plans may be fulfilled in amazing ways. Joseph’s whole sojourn in Egypt with Mary and the child was God led. Joseph was alerted in a dream to go to Egypt. Likewise in a dream, when the threat in Israel was extinguished by Herod’s death, Joseph was told to return to that land.

But he was fearful of making for Judea, for Archelaus now ruled there. Again, God’s direction came in a dream. In response, Joseph headed for the district of Galilee where he settled in Nazareth. In so doing, he fulfilled the prophets’ words that the Messiah would be a Nazarene.

How wonderful are the ways of God. He is able to see that every detail is fulfilled. I note that Joseph was obedient to what he learned from dreams. He fulfilled his part of God’s plan.






Lord God,

I am aware that I do not always do what is pleasing to You. I am sorry and I ask your forgiveness. I want to go the way You would have me go.

May I know Your cleansing now? Turn me around that I may not go the way of the flesh, but fully embrace the Spirit’s way. You directed Joseph through dreams. I ask for Your clear direction for me. Speak to me, please. Show me the way, and lead me in it.

I believe You have purposes for me to fulfil. May I not get in the way of what You would do. I commit anew from this day. Lead on. I love You. Receive my love, in Jesus’ name.        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment