Saturday 10 March 2012

Adorned


I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.  
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.                                                Isa. 61.10



I am strongly reminded of the righteousness I receive from the Lord and the richness of salvation with which He has clothed me.

The image of the bride and groom is a rich image in joy and grace and love. It captures and encapsulates all that is good.

I have equally as wonderful, if not better, an image of who I am in the Lord. I am loved and valued. I am saved for all eternity.





Lord God,

Thank You for this precious reminder today. I do indeed delight greatly in You. My soul rejoices in who I am in You.

Thank You, O thank You for the garments of salvation. Thank You for the robe of righteousness. As beautiful as a bride and groom appear on their special day, so also do I appear in You.

And I have a special day! This, now, today – and tomorrow, and thereafter – these are all special days. For I have been found by You. You have chosen me. You draw me to Yourself in salvation and righteousness. How precious I am!

Lord God, I do thank You for this reminder. I have need to know this today. I’m sure You knew of my need and provided.

I know I don’t deserve my sweet relationship with You, but You bestow it on me through the love of Jesus.

Thank You, O thank You Lord.                                                                                   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment